My Journals‎ > ‎

AIT (Fort Gordon - Georgia)

Graduation Photos

posted Nov 27, 2011, 3:07 AM by Brandon McGuire

I’m currently on leave enjoying time with friends and family. I thought I would post some pics from graduation day. I plan on resuming the blog once I am finished with leave and head to Korea.

I was the fist one up so they could announce the distinguished honor graduate and tell all about what it is and how I earned it.

I then had to stay at the center of the stage after receiving my certificate while more was read about me and the distinguished honor graduate

Formed up outside getting ready to shake hands with all the brass

Our company commander (the lady) shaking hands with us

Sergeant Kent (aka daddy...aka The Rock) with all of his boys that lived in RBK at some point

Me and my lovely wife

Me, the young Hawaiian and PFC Metal

Last picture with some of the guys from Charlie before I sprinted up and changed clothes to get the heck outta here!!!

AIT Conclusion

posted Nov 27, 2011, 2:58 AM by Brandon McGuire

(Original Date: Friday, November 12, 2010)

AIT has been both a rewarding and trying experience for me. 

School ... I studied my butt off for some classes and coasted through others. I am very excited that my hard work paid off and I was able to graduate at the top of my class. Everything is rushed compared to a normal college class. They squeeze quite a bit of information into a short period of time, so make sure you don't fall asleep or miss too many days of class.

I would really suggest a laptop and internet access. It will definitely help for school and some of the other online courses you may need to take while in AIT. If you don't have a laptop you will need to visit the library or education center and use their computers. Not only was a laptop good for school, it also became a main source for entertainment. It's hard to rely on being able to watch what you want to on a day room TV, plus if you're in the day room right in the middle of a show or a movie, a sergeant can walk in at any time and ruin it for you. On my laptop I was able to watch a number of movies and tv shows in the relative privacy of my own room. Everyone seems to have an incredibly large library of movies that they share so it's pretty easy to find something to watch.

I would strongly suggest (especially for the younger kids) enrolling in one of the savings plans that the army has to offer. It's kind of like a 401k for soldiers. Pick a percentage of your money to go in one of these plans and forget about it. Let it grow and you won't even miss the money because it comes out of your check before you even see it. AIT makes it very easy for you to spend your money. I witnessed a lot of guys running out of money before their next paycheck would come. Be careful and make sure to only spend money when you need to. 

Try your hardest to let the stupid things roll off your back. There are going to be a whole mess of NCOs that don't give a damn about you. There some that care about the soldiers that they are in charge of, but they seem to be few and far between. I know it can be frustrating for them dealing with a bunch of kids right out of high school, but it was also very frustrating for me being treated like a kid. Privates in general here get treated like crap. This even goes for the army civilians on post. They treat the privates like crap because they know the privates can't do a thing about it. This can wear on you after 6 months of AIT and it was one of the things I hated the most about this experience.

It also gets tiring dealing with NCOs who need to have their egos stroked. You'll run into sergeants all the time that like to yell at privates just for the heck of it. I guess it makes them feel better. PFC Metal swore they had a quota kind of like cops and speeding tickets. Every NCO needs to get so many good yelling in each day to meet their quota. 

One of the great things about AIT however was the fellow soldiers. You bond with other soldiers that you live with this whole time. You are all going through the same crap every day. You'll make friends and these friendships will help with all the other negative things that seem to pile up during AIT. I have a lot of fond memories of all the funny and crazy things we all did together.

Congrats Distinguished Honor Grad!  I've been reading your blog for sometime now.  It's a great resource for those thinking about becoming a Soldier.  Keep up the good work at your next assignment and throughout your career in the Army -- you've chosen an honorable profession.

2LT Hunter
Tuesday, November 23, 2010 - 11:25 AM

Graduation - Day 146

posted Nov 26, 2011, 7:09 PM by Brandon McGuire

Right after graduation we formed up outside. I’m on the far left with two of the honor graduates to the right.

(Original Date: Wednesday, November 10, 2010)

Today is graduation day…wow it's kind of hard to believe after all this time here, that I will be finished soon. The morning started off with the PT formation as usual. This time however, we were asked if we wanted to donate blood instead of doing PT. It's for a good cause and I wasn't feeling very motivated after the waste of time last night so I thought I would volunteer for it. I found out that because of my smallpox shot and because I've received a tattoo in Georgia within the last year, that I was ineligible to donate. So instead of donating blood I ate breakfast. Because I finished before the PT formation came back I was able to take a nice long hot shower as well….this day is going to be a good day!

I had a final out-processing brief at 9:00 in the morning. It lasted a couple hours, we had to show that we had all the required forms filled out and we also received our travel itinerary. It's starting to finally feel real that I'll be leaving here soon! Those who didn't have all their forms, or need stuff fixed were given until 15:00 to get it all done and then get it back. Mine was good to go, so I was able to get signed out.

We then had graduation practice at noon, so we marched over to our battalion HQ. Practice started off pretty rough. It seemed nobody including myself could get not get the timing down and the movements right. I ended up being the "distinguished honor graduate" because I was the top of both our classes that were graduating. This had me being first in line and leading everything. We ran through the process over and over again until about 14:30 when we had a break until 14:45. The ceremony began at 15:00 and went pretty well. There were only a few mistakes such as the sergeant mispronouncing a couple of the honor graduates names. He messed up one so bad it took everything I had not to bust out laughing. The ceremony started off with a couple of speeches and then had me going up to the front of the stage after a short video showing what signal soldiers are. Once there the sergeant read off what the distinguished honor graduate is and then named me off. I then shook hands with the top brass of our company. I received a battalion coin as well. The honor graduates (three in total) were then announced and after that each person came up in alphabetical order and in turn announced their rank, name, and where they were going. We then marched outside and a number of NCOs and other officers came through and shook our hands and congratulated us. After this we were done…finished….graduated!!!!

We were told that S1 closed at 17:00, this is the last stop of our out-processing, so PFC Metal and I hurried up to our barracks and packed everything up. Once it was all packed we were signed out of the barracks after a quick inspection of our lockers so make sure we wiped them down. We then headed to Ops to get signed out there. We had to get a few documents signed and read a safety message out loud to the NCO before he would sign our paperwork. Lastly we headed to S1 where our leave paper was signed. Free…Free…We're finally free (at least temporarily)

We went to our hotel room, I took a shower and then changed into civilian clothes. Once changed we met up with PFC Metal and his wife at PF Changs to celebrate. The food tasted better than ever. Good company, good food, good beer…a great way to end the day.

Some of the guys playing around during a break in graduation practice

Out-Processing II - Day 145

posted Nov 26, 2011, 7:07 PM by Brandon McGuire

(Original Date: Tuesday, November 9, 2010)

This morning I had a CQ shift from 4AM to 6AM. CQ is basically hall guard, but at the front door of the building. PFC Metal and I sat at the front door for about a half hour. All the MOS-Q soldiers (us included) were told to meet in the day room at 4:30 AM. We went in and basically got our butt chewed from the head platoon sergeant here. He said our class of MOS-Qs are the worst he's ever seen. The complacency and the attitudes from a lot of the people in my class are pretty bad. Everyone thinks because they are leaving soon, they don't have to do anything. He was pretty pissed off. A great way to start the day.

After the meeting PFC Metal and I went back to our CQ shift while everyone else did PT. At 6AM we were finished with our shift so we took off and ate breakfast at the DFAC. Perfect timing too because we got there before everyone that was doing PT. Once finished we took our issued items (I only had a raincoat) back to return them to CIF. This is part of our out-processing checklist and the place only accepts items early in the morning and in the afternoon. Now that this is out of the way we can get everything else done and then take off with our wives since they are both here.

We formed up for the inactive formation for accountability. Out of about 40 people there were only 3 left for TAK detail…lol. Most were legitimate excuses though because we needed to do out-processing. The first place we headed was the mail center. The lady there couldn't take a minute to sign our papers because she was just too busy. She said we could wait a half hour or come back later. We've dealt with this lady before and I think she hates her life and her job. Waiting for her to actually go "postal" any day now. We decided to come back. We headed to the medical clinic where I needed to just get another paper signed, but they said I had to come back at 12:45 with the rest of the actual POR people. Grrrr…0 for 2.

We left to the commissary who told us that our company needs to update our out-processing sheets because they don't do them anymore. D'oh. We moved on to the PX and got our papers signed. I wonder why we even have to do this. All we did was walk to the manager's desk, she took our papers…stamped and signed them without even looking at our names or anything. What a waste of time. We then headed back to the mail office and there was another (just as unpleasant) lady there. We were able to fill out the required forwarding forms and then got our papers signed. PFC Metal was done and took off. My wife came and met me at Starbucks, then we left as well. 

We came back at 12:45 to get my paper signed at the medical clinic…45 minutes later I was done! We took off to the hotel and hung out until about 4:30 so I could come back and get my class a uniform on and square away my room and my locker. Everyone had to put on their class a uniforms once again and the head platoon sergeant along with the first sergeant came to do the inspections. It took forever. Both PFC Metal's wife and my wife were waiting in the company area outside. It took a little over two hours for the inspection to get finished and as expected nobody had anything perfect. The head platoon sergeant found issues with everyone in our room. It was pretty stupid. Am I going to change anything on my uniform before tomorrow's graduation….no.

We hung out with the wives for a bit and then had to return before lights out at 9:30.

Out-processing - Day 144

posted Nov 26, 2011, 7:06 PM by Brandon McGuire

Our class a inspection in the day room. From left to right: Shamadillo, the young Hawaiian, me, and Pvt. Amish

(Original Date: Tuesday, November 9, 2010)

This morning I had PT…the first PT in a long time it seems. We went for a run and usually Charlie company runs are a lot easier than the RBK runs I've been used to. This time however I was pretty gassed. The run was pretty tough, there was a whole mess of people who fell out within the first quarter mile. I had to play dodge 'em for a while until they all fell out. At the middle point of the run we run up and down a hill three times. That was the killer part of the run!

Once we got ready in the morning all the MOS-Q and inacts formed up together. All of us in my class and our sister class had an out-processing brief. Everyone else has to do TAK detail. This is basically landscaping or other slave labor to get what the battalion needs done. Because nobody wants to do this there are a lot of people that try to sham out of it. As we were getting ready to leave the formation the TAK sergeant looked each of us in the eye and asked if we were sure we were supposed to go to the out-processing trying to catch any liars. 

The out-processing brief consisted of us getting our actual orders and a packet with a checklist that we needed to get done before we could leave. We have to go to a number of places on base and get signed out. We have today and tomorrow (don't want to get it all done at once…then we would have to do TAK detail tomorrow…lol) Today we went to the medical clinic, vehicle registration, a few other administrative offices, transportation, the library, the dental clinic, and the education center. All of these places have to say we don't have anything outstanding and we're clear to leave. Everything went fine except for a little hiccup at the transportation office. They were going to get me a ticket out of here on Wednesday. I told them I was graduating on Wednesday and besides my wife is flying in for my graduation and she'll be here until Monday. The lady looked at me like I was crazy. She said "how can you graduate on Wednesday if you are out-processing?" I told her I have no idea…that's just what I was told. They are going to modify my ticket and I should get it on Wednesday when I out-process.

We also found out who is going to get HRAP (this is hometown recruiting where the soldier gets to spend an extra two weeks at home helping their recruiters and it doesn't count as leave) during the out-processing brief. It has been cancelled since October 1st because the army is now overstaffed, but I guess the submissions for our class were put in early enough to make it. There was one for each of our classes, but I'm not sure at all how they chose them. I always heard it was the best in the class that received it, but they chose Shamadillo the biggest shammer in our class. The guy who left Capstone because he had anger issues and felt like he would hurt himself or someone else. He was actually on suicide watch for a bit…this is the guy that they gave HRAP to. What a freakin' joke. I will be graduating at the top of my class. I've never had a negative counseling statement and I've never failed a PT test. I figured I would have been a good candidate, but what do I know…I'm just a private.

We had our class a inspection tonight at 18:00. Everyone who is graduating this Wednesday had to get all dressed up in their class a uniforms and have the sergeants inspect them. Like in basic training I ended up tying a lot of kids ties for them. I had lots of practice I guess, back in the day our basketball coach made everyone on the team wear ties on game days. The sergeants found stuff wrong on everyone's uniform. Lots of little things like stuff slightly off center or crooked. We all helped each other make the adjustments on the uniforms until we were all good to go. 

My wife flew in today and after a delayed flight she finally arrived tonight. She came by and visited for a while. It was so awesome to see her even though it wasn't for too long. I was able to sit in her rented car and hang out until it was time get in before bed check…I am so happy!!!

Another “action” shot in our day room during the class a inspection

Weekend Wrap-Up - Day 142 & 143

posted Nov 26, 2011, 7:03 PM by Brandon McGuire

(Original Date: Monday, November 8, 2010)

This weekend was a nice relaxing one. I slept in each day and Sunday was daylight savings time, so I gained an hour of even more sleep. I did some shopping for some basic supplies on Saturday. Pvt. Celtic picked up our class a uniforms from the dry cleaners as well. They'll be all cleaned and pressed now for graduation.

The internet in our room is pretty horrible. I went to the library to try and get the required Korea training done, but had a heck of time even trying to get it to load on my laptop. I did however get all my journals done from the week at Capstone…lol. I then went to the library again on Sunday, but still had major issues using their computers to do the training. Me and the young Hawaiian were both having the same problem trying to get the training to even load. Finally we both just gave up and took the final test. We both failed, but you can take it again and you only have to take the missed questions. So we both took it until we passed and then printed out our certificates showing we completed it. What a waste of time!

Saturday night had a little excitement. We heard quite a bit of hollering and yelling outside the barracks. we looked out and saw a Porto Rican yelling stuff like he hates America and the army. He's so fed up with all the shit. The MPs came and eventually another guy (perhaps his buddy) was able to talk him into getting in his car and they left. I wonder what will happen to him. I guess the sergeant on desk was trying to hold him still and he was able to break free, thats when he started getting loud.

We had recall formation and it took longer than normal. The sergeant on desk said that everyone had to fill out a stupid survey or else we would be woken up at 2:00 AM to fill it out. Oh great…sometimes this place can be so stupid. I guess the formation was getting a little restless, so the PG in front told everyone to do a half right face then he told everyone to get into the front leaning rest position so he could smoke us. Sorry…I'm not going to let a little phase V private smoke me. I just walked out of the formation and grabbed one of the stupid surveys and quickly filled it out. I then turned it into the sergeant and watched him mark off my name so there was no mistake that I had turned it in.

I then headed up to the showers and took a nice long hot shower. A nice way to end the weekend. Now I'm going to be calling my wife and then turning in.

Capstone - The End - Day 141

posted Nov 26, 2011, 7:02 PM by Brandon McGuire

Me and PFC Metal hanging out on the FOB

(Original Date: Saturday, November 6, 2010)

Wake up this morning was at 3:45 AM. We had formation at 4:30 AM and then breakfast. We then proceeded to turn in our sleeping bags. Once they were turned in we cleaned up our tents. After the tents were cleaned we took everything out of inventory and had to count all the items. It is so freakin' cold here. The heater was turned on in one of the girls tents. There was always a number of people in there hanging out trying to stay warm. Even with layers of clothes on the cold wind cuts through like a knife. A sergeant would come in and grab a number or all of the people to perform a certain cleaning task…shortly after that people would find their way back to the tent. 

We then had a shakedown to make sure nobody had any contraband. We all lined up and emptied our bags. No MRE food was allowed out, so there was a lot of people throwing that stuff away. 

10:30 - 11:45 we ate lunch out in the parking lot. They didn't want to dirty up the FOB DFAC since it had all been cleaned. After that we had some more induction ceremony practice.

13:00 Finally we had the induction ceremony. There was a lot of brass there including the colonel. When they pinned our regimental crest on us, they would ask questions like where we were heading and such and welcomed us to the signal corps. The colonel took his time and shook hands with each of us. Once that was through we were dismissed. We waited for transportation back to Charlie….so glad to be leaving this place!!

When we got back to Charlie company I took a long hot shower…I must have been in there for a half hour. It felt so good. Capstone really sucked, but I'm glad I went through and finished it. So many shammers got out of it somehow or another. I'm glad it's finally done.

We celebrated by ordering some Hungry Howie's cajun crust pizza! So good!!! Later on at night we went to Keglers and had a few beers to celebrate finishing AIT…all we have left is the actual graduation ceremony!!!!!

PFC Metal holding all our weapons while we use the facilities

Double Tap - Day 140

posted Nov 26, 2011, 7:00 PM by Brandon McGuire

A photo of out!

(Original Date: Friday, November 5, 2010)

4:00 AM wakeup this morning with formation at 4:45, then breakfast. Today we left to the range to zero our rifles. It kind of sucks because it has been raining on and off all night with a sprinkle every now and then during the day. We took the bus to the range and at each station there was a big puddle of water for us to lay in. Grrrrr. When it was my turn I fired each of my three shots then went up to the target to see how I did. Unlike when we were in basic, we didn't do any adjustments to the sites. I think the cadre here just wanted to push us through…and maybe get us used to actually shooting the weapon again.

We then bussed to another range where we divided into two groups. One group would perform combat first aid on a dummy, while the other group would actual fire at pop up targets. When firing at the pop up targets we would do it from four different positions and each position we would also change which side we would shoot from, so we would shoot right and left handed. We also had a sergeant next to us screaming shoot 'em shoot 'em shoot 'em!!!! I guess all this made it seem a little more real. I did ok with my right hand, but I need some work shooting left handed. We shot kneeling, standing and sitting. 

After the range we were bussed back to the FOB where we cleaned our rifles under the clamshell. We spent a long time cleaning them too. I can guarantee that mine is much cleaner than when I received it. Anyone who took their rifle to the sergeant to check it was told it needed just a little more cleaning. I never even took mine up there because I knew no matter how clean it was…it would still need a little more cleaning. I just kept cleaning until it was time to eat dinner. 

After dinner we did some rehearsal for our induction ceremony that we will be doing tomorrow. The induction ceremony is done at the end of Capstone to induct the soldiers into the Signal Corps. We basically stand at either attention or parade rest and recite the soldier's creed, sing the signal corps march, and sing the army song. After that we get our signal insignia pinned on us.

We turned in all of our equipment except for our sleeping bags. After that we broke into groups and cleaned up different areas of FOB Dunham.

21:15 Lights Out

22:00 to 23:00 I had guard duty with PFC Metal. This time we were assigned to one of the ECP (Entry Control Points) a gate where cars can access the FOB. It has two little guard huts that we stood in and hung out for an hour until our relief came. This time I was able to go to sleep because I didn't try and go to sleep before the shift.

The young Hawaiian in full battle rattle

Starbucks Anyone? - Day 139

posted Nov 26, 2011, 6:57 PM by Brandon McGuire

The Dome - This is where the folks at FOB Dunham setup their raidios and network to talk to FOB Willard

(Original Date: Thursday, November 4, 2010)

3:30 AM Wake up…it was early this morning and our formation is at 4:00 AM. Everyone in the brigade has to get the flu shot and even though we are on the FOB we are not an exception. We formed up and then boarded a bus that took us back to the gym next to Charlie company. (I never thought Charlie company would look so good). We had to fill out a short questionnaire then we got in line for the flu shot. Because I had the smallpox shot within 30 days I had to get another shot. The small pox vaccine is a live virus and the flu shot is given in either a mist up your nose (which has a live virus) or a shot in the arm with a needle (which does not have a live virus). Since I already had a live vaccination I had to get the shot. Most people got the spray up the nose.

We bussed back and ate breakfast at our FOB DFAC. OMG it's so freakin' cold here in the morning and at night. Everyone is dancing around because they are freezing. Even with my gloves on, my fingers are getting so cold they are going numb. The cold seems to go right through my boots as well. I guess I should've worn my winter boots, but I didn't think it would be so cold yet. It is really making life on the FOB a miserable experience. 

We did some more battle drills, then we left on our "mission". From FOB Dunham our unit left and marched down a some side roads. Our mission was to go to an Afghanistan village and search for a weapons cache. During the march we found an IED and reacted accordingly. Later on we were ambushed by the enemy. The enemy consisted mainly of the MOS-Ts that were part of our class. Our unit came along an IED, but nobody saw it. So the instructor said the first squad was all dead. Then a machine gun started firing. We all posted 360 degree security, but with the first squad dead we ended up having a big hole in our 360 degrees. We all ended up dying. The instructor actually said we had the distinct honor of being the worst class he's ever seen on this ambush. He was pretty pissed off. 

We regrouped and resurrected everyone for the march on to the village. We arrived to the village and it was chaos. We had a plan, but I guess it was a little too complicated for everyone. My group ended up clearing a room and the first guy went in the wrong way, I went in after him and had to go the opposite way. I ended up getting shot pretty quickly. I had to lay down and play dead in the room while listening to everything that was going on in the village. Everything was a little out of control. When it was all over the instructor said there would be some people going to jail because one person shot and killed a pregnant woman who was unarmed. Another person shot a guy in the back who was unarmed. It's a good thing this isn't our MOS or else we would all be screwed.

We were bussed back to the FOB and I jumped off at FOB Dunham while the rest of the group was taken to FOB Willard. I had my makeup appointment today, so I had to call the duty van and hope they would come pick me up this time. I ate an MRE for lunch and then waited for the duty van. 1.5 hours later I was still waiting, it was starting to look like a repeat of last time. I was wondering if the sergeant at operations even called the duty van, they seem to be put off if anyone has to leave the FOB for appointments. I guess this is because so many people try and get out of going to Capstone. As I was just about to give up hope a duty van pulled up and dropped a couple of people off. It was the brigade duty van and not the battalion duty van, but I didn't really care. It would serve my purpose so I jumped in. They gave me a ride to Charlie company where I dropped off my weapon. I then took a taxi to the hospital where I could order my glasses. I waited there for 2.5 hours! This place is so slow, but it is warm and the TV had CNN on so I wasn't complaining one bit. 

I got my glasses ordered, but found out I couldn't order any civilian glasses because I graduate too soon. This is one of those things that piss me off. I wish Ft. Gordon would give every student a list of things they need to do before they can leave. The only way I find out about half the stuff is by word of mouth from other students. I would've ordered my glasses during the software portion of our schooling because the schedule had us start so late in the day. 

No worries though, I got what I needed done and I also had a grande mocha from the Starbucks downstairs at the hospital. I got a taxi back to Charlie company (I could have called the duty van, but who knows how long it would have taken). I took a quick shower and grabbed all the cold weather gear I could find and put it all on. I then called the duty van and waited to be picked up to head back to the FOB. I had a major headache, so while I was waiting I took a crap-load of Excedrin. I was planning on giving my wife a quick call, but my phone was completely dead…bummer. 

Headed back to the FOB in time for dinner and then after some briefs and training we went to sleep. Another long day, but I feel clean and a little refreshed since I was away for about half of it. I also do not have any guard duty tonight so I should get some good sleep as well.

The young Hawaiian and his battle buddy in their tent

Another Day on the FOB - Day 138

posted Nov 26, 2011, 6:53 PM by Brandon McGuire

Some of the Hummers at FOB Dunham. You can see one of the guard towers in the background above the wall.

(Original Date: Wednesday, November 3, 2010)

1:45 AM I was woken up for guard duty. I had it with a 25Q guy that was next to me in the tent. We had it from 2:00 AM to 3:00 AM. We had the roaming guard shift which had us just walk around the FOB in circles for an hour. We talked quite a bit, he seems like a pretty good guy. I slept so much better this time before the shift, but when we finished I had trouble getting back to sleep. I did relax, but never quite made it to sleep before our 4:00 AM wake up.

We ate breakfast as usual after a morning formation, then those of us heading to FOB Willard boarded the bus and headed over there. Once at FOB Willard we continued to setup our network and radio connections to FOB Dunham. I was also selected to attend a class with a real gung-ho instructor. It was a class on radios which wasn't part of my MOS, but the instructor was entertaining and he was basically trying to teach everyone to think outside the box…especially when we are in the field. It turned out to be pretty interesting. We had MREs for lunch and then did some drills such as react to contact. React to contact is basically when your formation is walking down the road and either sees the enemy or is getting attacked. Everyone gets down and performs 360 degree security, then a squad goes and destroys the enemy. Our instructor was very pleased with our performance stating that we were borderline excellent! 

We were bussed back to FOB Dunham and had dinner. We then did glass house drills as well as some more react to contact drills. Glass houses are basically rooms that everyone can gather around and see. We then practice room clearing techniques using 4 people. We bust open the door and each person has an assigned area of the room to clear. You have to make split second decisions on weather to shoot the person depending on if they are a threat or not. It was pretty comical sometimes watching some people doing this…it's a good thing this isn't really what we'll be doing.

The days here are so long. We get up early and go to bed late. There is also a lot of slow or down time where we just stand around, this makes time crawl by. By the end of the day everyone is pretty exhausted. Some people are still trying to get out of being here. There are two girls from the 25B classes that left because they were sick and throwing up, they left legitimately…they also had one tag along with them pretending to be sick as well. They are all gone now and will not be coming back. We also had a guy who has been called "Shamadillo" from the start of AIT because he is such a shammer. (He is the guy that fell off the top bunk when we first moved into Charlie so long ago). He requested to see the chaplain and then proceeded to tell the chaplain that he has anger management issues. He thinks he will hurt himself or others if he stays. The took his rifle away and they also sent him back to the company. It kind of backfired on him a bit because he was also stuck on suicide watch. This may end up following him for the rest of his career now…all just to get out of Capstone.

Overheard Quote: "You guys are about as useful as a turd flavored lollipop" (Our FOB Willard instructor after there was a simulated attack on the FOB)

A Photo of our student 1st Sergeant in Charlie Company and the young Hawaiian

1-10 of 132